Thursday, April 22, 2010

New Year's Resolutions.... UPdate.

I have to say that I am just a little bit proud of myself...  I have never really followed through with resolutions much, mostly because I think I was too vague or unrealistic in what I set.  This year, I posted about what my resolutions were going to be, I just went back and read them and I was very pleasantly surprised.  I have succeeded in all but one of them.  And it's only April!  Wahoo!

I have been going to church in our new ward, which I love because it is a lot of young people with kids.  There are so many kids in the nursery, they have 4-5 adults in there at a time to help out and they put name tags on the kids so they can remember them all.  HAHA  I even went to a relief society dinner last night and got to know some of the other new people in the ward.  I was hesitant to go, I really am not a social butterfly in any form, but it was a lot of fun.  We have even went and talked to the bishop about going to the temple and we started paying tithing!!

I finished reading the Book of Mormon!!  I have done this before, but it was when I was either in seminary or when I was in New Jersey 17 years ago.  I plan on starting over and also adding in some Bible since our Sunday school is doing the Old Testament.   So.... wish me luck with that!

I have been doing a lot better at keeping the blog updated, either with pictures or just with stuff we have been doing.  Compared to last year, I have done great.  Now I just have to keep it up.

The hubby and I have had a date every month so far.  I would like to make this more often, just have to find a babysitter and have him in town on a regular basis and at a normal hour.

Keeping the house decluttered and more organized...  This one depends on who you talk to.  It still is not good enough for Jeff, and I doubt I ever will be.  I think I have been doing better.  There has only been twice in 4 months that I have not put the laundry away as it gets done, and that is something I hate doing.  I have been making my bed, keeping the kitchen and bathrooms wiped down, and toys put away mostly every night.  Of course, there have been lazy days (or painful days, whichever way you look at it) but on the whole, I have been doing well.

The budget... HHHMMMM...  This is still an issue, but not like it was before.  I have bought some stuff online and spent money on getting Jeff and I some church clothes and had to fix my car a couple times so we have gone off budget quite a bit, but we have not gone into debt to do it and we have paid for everything not on credit or anything like that.  Which leads to...

Putting money in savings accounts...  At the moment all three accounts have money in them.  Not as much as I would like, but at least they have some.  Really going to work on this one.

Getting healthier is one of the things that I spent money on.  I went around and around on which diet to try...  I really wanted to do the HCG one, I think it would really work for me.  Once I got the paperwork, I read that I could only have 1 TBSP of milk a DAY!!!  That totally does not work for me AT ALL!  I drink milk a lot and I love it.  I could handle the 500-900 calories a day diet, that is not a problem at all, but I have to have milk, so I know I would fail at that diet, so I didn't start it.  I decided to try Herbalife.  I have a friend that is on it and he has done awesome, so it was my second choice.  So far it has been two weeks and I have lost approximately 10 lbs (I didn't buy a scale until part way into it) and dropped a pants size.  I am pretty excited about that and I feel great.  I have been exercising more and going on walks with my boys.  I haven't had the energy to do that in a LONG time.  I don't really see a difference yet, but I know my pants fit a lot different, in a good way!

Paying off my car will take a while...  So I guess making payments on it and adding a little to the minimum each month will have to count as progress. 

So, there is the quarterly update... haha...  I really feel like I did well at making goals that I could keep up with and see progress on.  Sorry this was so long and boring, and if you made it this far, thanks for reading it.  

3 comments:

gramma southam said...

Way to go Karri! I could tell you had been hard at work Sunday when you looked so gorgeous! Now to get Jeff a makeover! If you wish to have help with anything at all, you know where we are! Plan a Saturday Temple day...then we will be sure to be there!! you'r GRREEAATTT!!

Wonderland Girl said...

that is so great Karri! Great job! :)

Chelsie said...

Not boring at all. I love progress posts. That's so exciting you're meeting your goals! Congrats. I know it's a great feeling!